Town with the largest fortress system in the Middle Europe.
The town territory has been settled sin ce the earlier Bronze Age. The privileges as a town ithas gained in 1265. In the 18th century was the town an important trading centre. The fortress system for 200 thousand soldiers was built here in the 19th century. Environment has excellent preconditions for water sports, bike tourism and for fi shing. Town and its surrounding countryside offer to the visitors a lot of cultural monuments, culinary specialities and tasty wines.