The village has been mentioned for the first time in 1269 with the name Wruz.
A pastorate scene of Pohronský Ruskov is the R.C. church. The original church has been destroyed, the present one has been built in the years 1953 – 1962. The rests of original bell became a part of the monument devoted to the victims of the II. World War. The village has established the elementary school, the kindergarten, the health centre, the drugstore, the football field, the culture house, several restaurants and shops with varied assortments. In the past, the sugar house, cube sugar production and the canning factory were in operation here. The village has prepared spaces to locate the industrial park here, which would be connected with the afterwarboom in the area of agricultural and food production.