Kolarovo (Gúta) is located in the Danube Lowland near the junction of Vah and Little Danube. The first records about the community come from 1268, it has changed its name several times during its existence. The community ground spreads partially on the Rye Island, on bog-lands of the Little Danube, Vah and on the Vah and Nitra Rivers bottom land. The Frog Castle stood here in the past, named as a Castle of Piece by some documents, which got the Queen Mary built in 1349. Since 1551, the community has been developed as the fortifi ed market small town with rights to organize markets. The inhabitants used to be farmers, fruiterers, fi shers and tradesmen. The anti-Turkish fortifi cation was built in 1664. At the beginning of the 20th century, the fi rst railway bridge was built above the Little Danube. The community the chapel built in baroque style from the 18th century, which is located in the town park. The bricked houses with saddle roof in a style imitating the baroque from the 19th century are also attractive. A special technical monument is a fl oating ship-mill, which is anchored in shore of the Little Danube. Kolarovo is known by tradition of the Pentecost celebration.